March 2021 News!
Here are some highlights for March:
* 5th graders are performing on ukuleles - 4th graders will use them when 5th is finished. Fifth graders will then work on learning and recording their musicals "Pirates".
* Currently, 4th graders are working on their performance called, "In the Attic". This is based on Colorado history - a subject taught in fourth grade.
* Third graders are learning how to arrange music using musical form. Ask them about "ABACA" :)
* Second grade is working on their performance called, "An Aesop Adventure". It is based on Aesop's fable, and each class will have one or two fables to act out.
* First grade is working on composing and notating rhythms and melodies. They are becoming amazing music readers!
* Kindergarten is learning about the musical opposites of fast/slow and same/different. They are also composing short pieces to accompany poems and stories. They are a bunch of creative kids!
As a reminder, below is the music schedule for the rest of the year:
Feb 17 through March 17: Wheeler, Fellman, Garren, Young, Kover, May
March 18 - April 23: Varela, Haggaddone, Kundrat, Muller, Mickelson, Lussier
April 24 - May 26: Hafen, Beerman, North, Curtis, Loeffler, Pries