FAMILY-SCHOOL RELATIONSHIPS SURVEY RESULTS
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to all who participated in the 2018-19 Family-School Relationships Survey. At Coyote Ridge Elementary we had over 150 survey participants which represents about 50% of our families! Thank you to those who took the time to participate – your feedback is invaluable to our school as we strive to best meet the needs of our community.
In addition to the parent survey, a little over 80% of the Coyote Ridge staff completed the school staff survey. These results help us identify those things that are working well and also helps to identify areas for us to focus on next school year. Overall our results were extremely positive with indicators on the parent survey improving in every area, and indicators on the staff survey increasing in 7 out of 11 areas. View our school’s results! (Use this link). As we plan ahead to next year, I want to share with you what we found encouraging from this survey and the areas of growth we discovered:
Areas to Celebrate:
1. School Climate - significant improvement as reported by staff and parents
2. Staff Leadership relationships--improved communication and clear PD goals with purpose; stronger feedback after walk-throughs
3. Family-school relationships
Areas of Opportunity:
1. Growth mindset- to what extent can teachers improve their implementation of different teaching strategies
2. Staff-family relations - even though scores have increased from last year and are high in comparison to other schools in Adams 12, parents who work want more opportunities to engage at school
3. Continued focus on feedback and coaching for teachers
These results are very encouraging and provide evidence that the systems we have in place at Coyote Ridge Elementary are working well. That being said, the areas of opportunity outlined above will be very useful as we identify ways to continue to grow and develop our teachers and to reach out to the parents of our students to ensure they are involved as much as they would like to be in our school community.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. These results allow us to continue initiatives you rated high and focus our attention on those areas where we can better serve your child. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Principal - Coyote Ridge Elementary