Dear Parents and Guardians -
We recently received the results from the annual Panorama Survey. This survey provides feedback from students, parents and staff on a variety of topics including school climate, staff/family relationships, social awareness and having a growth mindset.
As we plan ahead to next year, I want to share with you what we found encouraging from this survey and the areas of growth we discovered:
Areas to Celebrate:
1. Student Strength - Self Advocacy - staff are creating learning environments where students feel safe to take risks and succeed.
2. Teacher/Staff Strength - School Climate - Staff feel like we have a welcoming culture based on mutual respect and trust.
3. Family Members Strength - Staff/Family Relationships - Parents feel connected to the school and believe that teachers provide an engaging experience and care about all students.
Areas of Opportunity:
1. Student Opportunity - Sense of Belonging - Students sometimes struggle to make new friends and tend to stick with their same group of friends from year to year.
2. Teacher/Staff Opportunity - Growth Mindset - Teachers would like additional professional development that is tailored to meeting the academic and emotional needs of all students.
3. Family Members Opportunity - Ongoing Communication - Parents would like to know more about how their child is doing and how they can support their growth and development.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. These results allow us to continue initiatives that were rated high and focus our attention on those areas where we can better serve our students.
If you have any questions or additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me.