Welcome to Remote Learning in 5th Grade!
Please utilize the information below and feel free to contact us with any questions that you might have. Please know that being unsure is okay - we are all learning together in this new situation! Please ask for help when you need it. There are a lot of us thinking through the same things, and together we'll do our best to make learning at home a smooth, engaging, and purposeful experience.
- Office Hours: See your teacher's website for specific office hours.
- Gmail , Google Hangouts or Zoom (links for virtual meetings during office hours will be posted on Google Classroom)
- Students are to use their district provided Adams 12 email (no personal email please)
- Beginning Wednesday, April 1st, teachers will be available during the office hours as posted on their pages
Classroom Updates & Classwork Location: Google Classroom
REMOTE LEARNING POLICIES
- Attendance Expectations: Instead of on a daily basis, teachers will track attendance based on weekly student participation and work completion (required assignments will be indicated on weekly Learning Board
- Assignment Completion/Grading Expectations: Grading will be based on completion of assignments as indicated on the weekly learning board.
- Time Dedication: All teachers will look at work completion on a weekly basis, allowing families and students to complete assignments throughout the day and week at times that work best for them. Assigned classwork will average between 60-90 minutes a day, Monday thru Friday. Students may manage their time and assignments in whichever manner best suits their needs. Optional homework/extension activities are to be utilized in addition to the daily suggested learning times.
- Classwork Postings: Classwork will be posted once a week, for the entire week. We will post classwork for the next week by Friday at 3 PM.
- Content: All 5th grade students will have the same learning intentions and assignments planned by the entire 5th Grade Team as directed by Dr. Mike.
Annette Wheeler has served Adams 12 Five Star Schools since 1999. She has been teaching fifth grade at Coyote Ridge since 2002. Over the past 18 years, she also assumed many roles of teacher leader, student leadership team, drama club, yearbook club, battle of the books and many others. Her education background includes a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Elementary Education from Regis University, and a Masters Degree in Administration and Policy from the University of Colorado.
In her spare time, she is very active with her growing family. She will sneek away anytime to visit and spoil her grandbabies. She also spends time working out with her husband, Todd.